View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is my almost 12 month old weaning? What can I supplement with?

I've struggled with low supply through our entire nursing relationship (taking Motilium (Domperidone) to keep up) and now that my DD is nursing less often, I'm feel like I'm losing the ability to keep my supply up.
She currently only nurses 4 times a day - once in the morning, @9am (about 10 min per side), once before nap, @1-2pm (5-10 min per side), once before dinner, @6 (about 10 min per side) and right before bedtime, @10pm (about 5-10 min per side) Is she getting enough milk like this?

I'd like to start weaning the 2 daytime nursing sessions as well soon so hopefully I can stop taking the Motilium and so it'll help our TTC efforts, but..........
I can't pump anymore (only get 1/2 an once if I'm lucky) so I have nothing else to offer her. She eats yogurt/cereal mid-morning and lunch after her nap, as well as dinner around 7-8pm (depending on daddy's work schedule) and she eats very well. She does take a sippy (w/ water) very well, should I start offering the sippy with milk?? If so, with Cow's milk? Goat's milk? Rice milk? What would you use?

Sorry for all the questions but this is the first time I've made it this far with breastfeeding and I just don't know what to do now.

Last edited by Mommy2Zara; 06-30-2010 at 01:41 AM. Reason: add Motilium/domperidone ;)
Mommy2Zara is offline   Reply With Quote