View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #6
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what do you make for your kids school lunches?

I love making DS' lunch! Here is what I put in his lunch box.

1) Sandwich cut in 4ths- PBJ, Turkey, Ham, Roast Beef, etc. Always on wheat bread and made w/o mayo. He loves tomatoes so if we have any I put it between the meat so it doesn't get the bread soggy. I don't usually send leftovers because at his age at school they don't really have refrigerators or microwaves to heat things up.
2) A fruit- Apple, Banana, bag of grapes or cut up orange. But sometimes I do natural applesauce, manderin oranges, a fruit cup or a package of fruit snacks from Just Tomatoes.
3) One other side (either a veggie or a dairy, sometimes chips)- my sons favorites are a) yogurt (I buy the yokids organic yogurt squeezers and freeze them, by lunch time they are unfrozen and cold per my son), b) cooked carrots (DS only likes them cooked), c) string cheese (have to use a cold pack if I pack string cheese), d) a bag of sun chips, e) airpopped popcorn.
4) Drink- If the side is a diary item I pack him ice water which he loves. I use a foogo thermos straw bottle and it is awesome at keeping stuff hot or cold! If the side is not a dairy item than he buys milk from school.

I sometimes put a treat in with lunch as well. For instance if he has a bunch of candy from a holiday or event I put a piece of candy in his lunch. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Ali; 07-07-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote