View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #181
arihillfarm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did your mom breastfeed?

My mother didn't BF me and I even overheard her say at an afternoon party when I was a teenager that she didn't BF because she didn't want her breasts to sag. Way to be unselfish Mom! She did CD at home (1972). She was less than supportive of breastfeeding my DS and always made a big deal about it, looking really embarrassed. When I was visiting her when he was 3 months old, she asked me if I was going to pump enough milk for him since we were going to be out the entire day. I just looked at her and told her it doesn't work that way. He won't take a bottle and even if he did, I'd have to pump AND feed him which would take twice as long and it's much harder to pump in public with no one noticing than just feeding the baby, I did start to feed him at a restaurant one time and she had a fit hissing, "There are men here, go to the bathroom." So???? I told her no way was my child eating dinner in the bathroom. Another time, we were in a mall food court and I had carefully placed myself and my son in a corner and piled a winter coat on the table in front of us. As soon as she saw me start to nurse him, she jumps up and holds up the coat in front of us. Gee thanks Mom, now everyone is looking over here. The kicker? She's German where almost everyone nurses and breasts in public (even those not nursing) are not a big deal. I think she's been in the USA too long...

-Astrid
WAHM to DD 13, DS 6 and DS 3 and I'm a Magic Maker with Off to Neverland Travel, specializing in Disney! Ask me about how to get the vacation of your dreams (Disney or elsewhere) for the best price and service possible at no extra cost to you. "Like" my agency page on Facebook for the latest travel specials!
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote