View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #27
Ariana'sClothesline
Registered Users
Formerly: isfahel
seller

Re: Gluten Free Mamas, UNITE!

Getting diagnosed is a pain, but if you have a good dr and good insurance I'd say try. Going gf is a good way to find out if it clears up your symptoms, but if you ever want to know for sure for any reason, you'd have to go back on gluten for a while to get a diagnosis. I think it's nice to have a proper dx, mainly because my 3 year old is gluten intolerant but never been diagnosed, and my husband is skeptical and keeps pressing for a real diagnosis but I really don't want to put her back on gluten for a couple months to find out... Doing allergy testing is nice anyway as you may find out other things your allergic to, besides gluten. It's very genetically linked so if your gluten intolerant your children stand a good chance of being intolerant also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2twins View Post
Should I try to find out about getting a "diagnosis" and, if so, how do I go about that? Or would you just recommend that I try a gluten-free diet on my own? If I just dive in, how long does it usually take before you notice if "it's working"? Any recommendation on where/how to start???

I am so SICK of feeling SICK! I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that this is what it is, especially when I read that it can be "brought on" by stress and pregnancy (when otherwise "dormant"). When I read your story, a lot of what you described sounds so familiar! Thank you for replying!
www.arianasclothesline.com
Ariana'sClothesline is offline   Reply With Quote