View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sleep disorder in 10 month old? *LONG*

First off, let me start by giving you a bit of background.....

As a child I suffered from insomnia and sleep walking, I eventually outgrew both of these issues when I was in my late teens, although I still have issues sometimes with sleep walking, but only during times of high stress. And more recently, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea...

My ds is 10 months old and I fear that he has apnea, actually I have thought so since he was born. He often stops breathing for about 10 seconds, then resumes with really quick little breaths, and this cycle continues for most of his night time sleep. More recently, he has begun crying in his sleep, not waking up but really crying, and also moving all around the bed, so much that I am having to put him in his crib for safety reasons. He isn't really awake when he does this, he just fusses and rolls around, scoots, etc...
He also only sleeps from about 10pm to 6:30 am and wakes up (fully) at least once a night. He generally takes two naps a day, one in the morning for about 1 1/2 hours and then one in the later afternoon for about 1 hour

I had taken him into the pediatrician back in January to discuss my apnea concerns, and the ped was so upset that he hadn't been vaxed that she refused to even discuss apnea with me

So yesterday, I took him to a naturapath doctor, and she says that he is not sleeping enough, and that she would like him to have a sleep study done, as he looks fatigued and also from what I described she not only thinks that apnea may be an issue but that he is not getting in to deep REM sleep due to his rolling around, etc....

She gave me some suggestions of things to try while we wait for our sleep study appointment, such as chamomile tea, oatmeal as an evening snack, she also gave him a calcium carbonate supplement....

I am just freaked out right now, does anyone else know anything about sleep issues with babies? Have you had an expirience? I am so worried, I don't want him to go through what I went through as a child/teen

Last edited by almostcrunchy; 06-16-2006 at 12:14 PM.
almostcrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote