View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: tips for toddler undereating and pickiness?

What kind of "milk" does she drink? Almond milk does not have many calories,but could add scoops of hypoallergenic powder formula to it to fatten it up?

DS is a picky eater, and due to his heart condition, we need to keep calories in him. I spent a few days letting him eat when he wanted,then I started to plan meals around those times. SO the kids eat dinner at 5, instead of 6 or 7 with DH and I. He is not a big breakfast eater, but will eat a ton around lunch time. (11ish).

For dinner, I give him a choice of the sides that I make. He cannot stand meatloaf for example, but will eat peas and potatoes. I do not force the food, but I put a little of everything on his plate, he can eat or not eat and have seconds if he wants. If he wants a snack after dinner that is fine, as I do not keep junk food around the house. He usually wants fruit. You can also get coconut yogurt, but I am not sure where yet (friend told me about it.)

Also, try the book deceptively delicious for ways to get veggies/fruits into regular foods.

Finally, some kids are just small. As long as she is developing and following her own growth pattern (even below the line) she is more than likely fine.