View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 11:50 PM   #112
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Re: For the Love of Reading Daily/Weekly Chat -NEW-Come on in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
I love the idea of this thread! Reading is my #1 obsession (followed closely by knitting/crochet ). With a nb and a toddler, I don't have as much time to read as I used to, but I squeeze it in whenever I can. Since we're in the middle of an international move and will be in temporary quarters/staying with relatives for the next month and a half, I'm going to hold off on setting any concrete goals for now, but I'm happy to join in discussion whenever I can get online!

Right now I'm about 25% of the way through reading Drood by Dan Simmons, which is great so far. I just finished First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde (book 5 in the Thursday Next series, which I !). Before that I was re-reading The Twentieth Wife (SO GOOD if you like historical fiction). Before that, I read the Steig Larsson trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo/The Girl Who Played with Fire/The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest). I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the Steig Larsson books, even though mystery novels are not usually my favorite genre.

Do you mamas have books that you like to read over and over? Every summer I re-read Prodigal Summer, Beach Music, and The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (apparently my southern roots come out in the summer! ). I love to re-read my favorites, I've read The Historian three times in the past 4 years and The Thorn Birds 3 or 4 times (plus the Twilight series at least 3 times, and the Sookie Stackhouse novels twice! ). I often pick up something I've already read when I want to be able to just zone out, it's more relaxing to me than watching TV!
I'm loving all of these suggestions! I have Prodigal Summer but haven't read it yet. I'll have to bump it up on my reading list!

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote