View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
KryzdanJDC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I use slicing cucumbers to make pickles?

The slicing ones have a bunch more seeds but you can still make pickles out of them. if you want to can them for later you can either use a recipe you like or they make pickle packets that they sell with the canning supplies at the grocery store or walmart or wherever. That has all the seasonings and all you have to add is the vinegar or whatever it tells you to add (depending on what kind you are making). Most of them even have the processing times for canning them on there too. Just dont reuse the pickle juice as already mentioned if you are going to can them for later. You can also do fridge pickles as a last minute thing like we do. Slice them like you normally do for sandwiches or whatever and put them in a bowl and cover them with apple cider vinegar and water. Then refridgerate for a few hours or overnight. The longer they will be in the fridge the less vinegar you need to mix with the water!

Try some Great Food Mixes at Quick and Easy Mixes for Cooks On the Go
KryzdanJDC is offline   Reply With Quote