View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
E~rin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PLEASE help me make a monthly menu!

Hear are a few ideas I had for quick healthy meals which can be made vegetarian, or with meat depending on your family...
Breakfast...Cold cereals, granola with fresh organic fruit/nuts, Hot Cereals, not just your ole' quaker oats YUCK!, try something different like "Bob's Red Mill" mighty tastey hot cereal it has whole grain brown rice, corn, sorghum, and Buckwheat, and is gluten free! Eggs and Veggies, Kale spinach, mushrooms, if someone "doesn't like veggies", ask them "what is wrong with you" Just kidding, grate them in a hand grater, and cook them first, they will have a very smooth consistency and be more unnoticeable. Omlettes, Scrambled, or on top of overmed is my personal favs. Quiche, easy as pie : ) Bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, butter and jelly, PB&J, Yogart is always good in the AM...

Ok Ok, on to lunch/Dinner

This time of year as the fall approaches, a good SALAD is always good, but make it really really healthy, buy or even better GROW (trade your ornamental patio plant for outdoor patio garden space) your own lettuces of all types, sprout your own sprouts, top with walnuts, pine nuts, dried fruits, or fresh fruits, apples raisins, cranberries, mandarin oranges, feta cheese, carrots, avocado, tomatoes, hard-boiled egg... for the meat eater, chicken can be nice, or a nice can of eco-fished tuna is a great way to get protein, and omegas!!! Sprinkle with a little flax or CHIA seed action and your good to get creative and make your own exciting dressings too, its so easy the base can be vinegar and olive oil...
PASTA dishes galore, and they go over great with the young ones: Veggie lasagna , Spaghetti, shells and cheese and broccoli, oven baked delights, chicken devon (really good)!!!

For starters,

My #1 recommendation for anybody who may have to prepare a meal or a thousand meals, would be get a copy of THE JOY OF COOKING by Irma S. Rombauer and Marion Rombauer Becker. THis is the BIBLE of cooking for one or an army...

I hope this inspires you a little!!! It was fun to write, and

Happy Culinary Creations to ALL
E~rin is offline   Reply With Quote