View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 08:38 PM   #1
eco-girl
Registered Users

Co-sleeping, BF, CD... & lots of other questions

Hi all,

Our baby is 4 weeks old. We wanted to use the Arm's Reach Co-sleeper, but he sleeps better in the same bed, so I try the side-lying breastfeeding. He latches on, sometimes better than others, but tends to fall asleep and the nipple comes out of his mouth. Sometimes, I'm so tired, I'm sleeping too, and he ends up feeding often but not deeply. But by 4-6 a.m., I get fed up, feed him in a chair, and hand him off to DH while I sleep in the guest bedroom. I often sleep there anyway because DS makes so much noise, I can't sleep! (DH sleeps okay through the squeaks and peeps.)

Any tips on how to BF better at night? It wakes me up to get in a chair, but it also wakes me up when he's grunting and can't latch on in bed.

Also, I'm worried about diaper rash. His bum is red between the cheeks, so I assume that's what it is. OTOH, my friend suggested not waking him up to change him for a pee unless it's bothering him. We like this, as we're sleep-deprived and once you wake him up to change him, he may or may not be able to fall asleep again. We're still using flats and a cover because he's a bit small for the small pockets I bought him. I'm concerned the cloth with make him more rash-prone. Some ladies here suggested I use a fleece liner. I do, but DH doesn't, and he does most of the night diapering because I'm sleeping as much as I can!

ANy help appreciated! Thanks.
eco-girl is offline   Reply With Quote