View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is 4 1/2 too Young for Swim Team

I think if he enjoys it you should go for it. If it doesn't work you can stop and try again when he is older. You said that this is a good program, and he loves swimming. I think it will be great for him. My oldest does Taekwondo and my youngest will start in December (the dojo does not take children under 5years and his b-day is in December). It is a commitment both in time and money, but it is worth it because the kids love it. Joining in sports not only gives kids a chance to interact with other kids socially but also teaches sportsmanship, confidence and discipline. Not to mention it is a great way to keep kids physically active. I do not push my kids to compete in tournaments, but I hope they will choose to do so when they are ready. I do not put a whole lot of stock in "winning" but healthy competition can be good for a child. As far as "housparents", I don't know what that means so I have no advice there. I take it you are home about half of the month and away the other half? Will you be able to keep him working during the time you are away? I think that would be the biggest concern, if he can keep up only attending half of the time.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote