arihillfarm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are you teaching your child

Quote:
Originally Posted by logansmomma07 View Post
What about those teachers that assign HOURS of homework, when the child has already spent 8 or so hours a day in school?

I don't necessarily agree with parents doing homework for their kids, but seriously, the amount of homework kids (in general) are being made to do is beyond ridiculous. No child should have to spend his entire day and weekend doing schoolwork that they will forget in a week anyways.
In this case, it would be best to teach your child about time management and how best to work on homework during otherwise free time during the school day or on the way home on the bus. That worked quite well with my daughter (she is starting 4th grade this fall) last year. I did the same thing in school as early as elementary school and when all my friends were complaining about not being able to play after school because of all the homework they had, I had little sympathy for them because I used every spare moment at the end of classes and during lunch to get mine done. Some days now, my daughter waltzes through the door and proudly proclaims that all her homework is done. We go over it together to make sure it is correct and then she is free to play.

-Astrid
WAHM to DD 13, DS 6 and DS 3 and I'm a Magic Maker with Off to Neverland Travel, specializing in Disney! Ask me about how to get the vacation of your dreams (Disney or elsewhere) for the best price and service possible at no extra cost to you. "Like" my agency page on Facebook for the latest travel specials!

Last edited by arihillfarm; 08-13-2010 at 01:44 PM.
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote