arihillfarm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldwhitfield View Post
How did you mamas convince your husbands to go along with not circing if he was set on it? We fought back and forth about it with our son and I lost. I am pregnant again and while it would be wonderful to have another boy so we had two of each, part of me is really hoping it is a girl so we don't have to go through the circ argument again. And I'm sure I'd lose....again. And I know even more this time around and how heartbreaking it would be. My husband is pretty easy going about most everything and almost always defers to me if I have a preference, but I could not get him to budge on this one, no matter what I said.
I would just refuse to sign the form and tell him it's not up for discussion as I was prepared to do with my DH. Your husband can't sign for it in the hospital as mother and baby are technically seen as one patient. Thankfully, my DH agreed with me, especially after years of being a medic in the military and he said he had seen too many badly screwed up circs that he could not take the chance of that happening with his own son. If nothing else, with one son already circed, you're in the perfect position to say "you got your way with the first one, now it's my turn". This is something that I was prepared to divorce over though. My childrens' basic well-being and safety come before the feelings of anyone, including my husband. JMHO.

-Astrid
WAHM to DD 13, DS 5 and DS 2 and I'm a Magic Maker with Off to Neverland Travel, specializing in Disney! Ask me about how to get the vacation of your dreams (Disney or elsewhere) for the best price and service possible at no extra cost to you. "Like" my agency page on Facebook for the latest travel specials!
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote