View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 12:40 PM   #7
rds989
Registered Users
seller

Re: For those who had difficult pregnancies

You poor sweetie. DON'T WORRY about the antidepressants. There are lots & lots of reasons to take them, and little if any clinical evidence against the idea. I was on celexa with pregnancy #1, and wellbutrin w/ #2 and did not take a break at the end of the pregnancy. (I haven't heard about that until now, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, since the baby won't be getting the drug through the placenta and breastmilk simultaneously...)

At any rate, the most important thing is that you are as healthy as you possibly can be. It's essential for BOTH of your kids. Don't, don't, don't beat yourself up about it.

And as for your feelings of ambivalence w/ dc#2, it's very common to feel like that. I know I did (big time - cried all the way to the hospital to have dd), and I've read a lot of posts here and on the Pin about it. You're about to go through a huge change in your family and your life. With all that's going on , if you weren't a bit freaked out, THAT would be the strange thing! The best thing I can advise you is to try to just let it go, and let nature take its course. When Baby is born, if you're having trouble bonding, try not to pressure yourself. Try to breastfeed, wear the baby as much as possible, co-sleep or have a bassinet next to your bed. These things will keep the baby feeling safe and connected, and your emotions will have time to catch up.

I promise (honestly, I do) that in the end you will wonder what you ever did without this child, and you will be so grateful that dc#1 has a sibling. It might happen right away, or it might take some time. But love is amazing: you can't ever be tapped out. It multiplies without you ever trying. What a wonderful lesson for a family learn! Just try to be at peace, Momma. It will all work out.

To you.

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote