BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Pics of shared baby-toddler rooms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
I dont have pics ATM, but my 3yo DS and 17mo DD share a SMALL room. It's 9x10' and between where the window, heat vent and closet are, there are 2 walls that are too small for beds.

I can describe it easily. The door is at the bottom-right of the room (if the room were turned vertical like a floorplan lol). The right side wall is a dresser and closet door. Top wall is the window, heat vent and a small book case. left side wall is DS's bed (pushed up into the corner). bottom wall has DD's crib on it (pushed into the bottom left corner).

The room is so small I would have to take 3 photos from different angles to actually get everything into it. We've got our place for sale, the market is just so slow right now, and when we moved into this 3bdrm place, we only had 1 child and had no idea we would outgrow it so fast lol.
That sounds almost exactly how my girls room is and its also 9x10. Door on bottom right - crib on bottom left. At the end of the crib starts the alcove that we use as a closet (just the angles portion of the ceiling sectioned off), then the next wall has a window, then the next wall has another window, with a dormer (so the alcove the window sits in is about 4'x4')...kates toddler bed is in this dormer area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katesmash View Post
I just wanted to say that we have that toy shelf thing too with the buckets on the rods

We're considering moving DS into DD's room at some point, just not sure when or how we'll maneuver it. DS's clothes are already being stored in DD's extra dresser (her bedroom suite came with 2 dressers, her bed and night stand, and she only uses one dresser) but his crib is in our room. I haven't decided WHEN we are going to move his crib into her room... I'm thinking he'll be at least 6 months old, which will make her 3 years old. I need him to be sleeping through the night consistently before I consider it... and he's waking up around 5am right now, which is too early IMO to be sharing with DD and waking her up, or her waking him up when she wakes up in the morning and he's still sleeping (he goes back to bed after his 5am feeding)
We have that organizer too, and I hate them. they never seem to get used, lol.

I was worried about the kids waking each other up too when I moved them in together, but after about a week they started sleeping through each other getting up. Now kara goes to sleep at 6pm, kate at 7:15..kate doesnt wake kara up. they both get up at least 1x a night, and rarely wake the other up. Kate gets up for good at 6, and when she gets up I feed kara then lay her back down and she sleeps until 9.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote