Old 08-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: EasyLunchBoxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by calideedle View Post
To answer my own question I bought a TON of Tupperware Smidgets on Ebay last night to hold dips and such for cheap cheap cheap!

And no these are so not exactly like ziploc, they are so much better! So much better!

I don't have the rectangle divided container, per se, but if the quality is comparable to the other containers that I do have that are Ziploc brand, then the Easylunchbox containers are like comparing a Tupperware cup to a Dixie cup in terms of quality/durability. Waaayyyy better.

I also bought the Smidgets and they are the perfect size for a dip or condiment and they are small enough to fit just great in the corner of the entree section without disturbing anything.

I can't say enough great things about Easylunchboxes. I definitely tend to be thrifty and after 3 years of buying Target/Wal-mart lunch boxes (and even an LLBean one), I couldn't find the right mix of functionality and durability. The T/WM boxes weren't very durable and were too small for reusable containers-also had trouble finding containers that were the right size for my girls' appetites, BPA free, dishwasher safe, etc. The LLBean box was/is very durable and I would recommend it for a toddler or preschooler snack, but once the girls were in school and needed a full lunch plus a morning snack, it was too small-and the bigger ones were expensive considering that I had to still buy containers.

Anyway, I paid $33 (I think that was with shipping) for 1 set of containers and 2 lunchboxes. I also got a lunchbox for DS free with a local grocery store promo that will fit the container when we go on a trip (the durability of DS's box is nil, but I figure he'll only use it every once-in-a-while and free is free. It is definitely worth my money, because this system is sturdy enough that we'll be using it for at least 2 years and maybe more. I can't say that about our previous system.
Get craft kits from Kristin's Crafts for Kids and on FB
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote