View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just thought I would share a few favorite Recipes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah52 View Post
I made this pork and bean chili the other night and my family raved about it. I did a couple of things different because I found the recipe looking for things to make with what I had: I didn't have the jalapeno or bacon and I used dry beans that I cooked earlier in the day and tomatoes from our garden instead of canned. At the end I added about 1/8 tsp of ground cloves and about 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and it really brought depth to the flavor and made it smell divine.

Last week I really wanted some cheese crackers so I dug up this recipe I had tried before and remembered why I loved them so much! I use half all purpose flour and half white wheat.
Funny! I just made the same cheese crackers the other day. Fine minds think alike!

I just made some rockin' pizza for lunch!

Dough
1 c. warm water
2 tsp. yeast
2 T. olive oil
3/4 tsp. salt
1 T. cornmeal
3 C. bread flour

Mix the water and yeast together in a large bowl and let it sit a few minutes until foamy. Add oil, salt, cornmeal and 1 cup of flour. Mix together and continue to add flour. Once most of the flour is incorporated, turn out on a lightly floured counter and knead until smooth. Return to bowl, cover with towel and let rise for 30 minutes or so. Cut in half and roll out (makes 2 12 inch pizzas or you can make one thicker dough crust if you wish).

Another option: Add oregano, garlic powder and basil to the dough for herbed breadsticks.

Easy Pizza Sauce from All Recipes. I used about 1/3 of the sauce for each pizza and each one had quite a bit of sauce-I'll probably cut back a bit next time. I'm going to freeze the remainder for breadstick dipping sauce next week.

One pizza was covered in lots of mozzarella for the kids and DH and I had chopped black forest ham and mozzarella on ours. Very yummy!
Get craft kits from Kristin's Crafts for Kids and on FB
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote