View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:
Re: Introduce your Preemie(s)!

Hi, my name is Eledys and I'm a SAHM to 4 boys. I had a little boy, Eli, last March born at 34 weeks. He weighed 4lbs and 11 oz and was 17" long. He is about 20lbs now. I call him my little peanut though as he is small for his age.

He was born screaming but just moments after started grunting and turning pale so they took him to the warmer and gave him oxygen and he got pink again but every time they gave him back to me and took him away from the warmer and oxygen he'd start the grunting and had heavier breathing so they transported him into the NICU. He didn't need a ventilator and was breathing on his own but couldn't maintain his body temp and his breathing needed to be assisted with oxygen. He ended up staying a week in the NICU. The last 2 days were just because he needed the bili lights due to jaundice. This was my first time dealing with a baby born early.

I had a wonderful midwife for this pregnancy and if it wasn't for the extra individual attention they give and the high risk OB doctor my LO may not have been here today. I have a heart condition and was on medication while pregnant so they were doing monthly ultrasounds and extra fetal stress tests to ensure that he was growing appropriately. It was during the U/S that they noticed my fluid levels going low so they put on me on bedrest and nothing was working and getting worse so she sent me to the high risk Dr for a second opinion and he himself did the scan and said the baby had to come out asap before something happened. They explained that the placenta was not providing the baby with enough oxygen and that its function could stop at any moment so they admitted me the same day and induced the labor.

Here is a pic of my little Eli at his first birthday with his 4 yr old brother, Jace:

And the most recent with his new haircut:

Brothers Jace (4) and Jake (2.5):