View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Re: Introduce your Preemie(s)!

Wow all these itty bittys!

My 32 weeker was born February 6, 2003 because I had preeclampsia, and was getting worse every day. I went into preterm labor at 28 weeks and again at 30 weeks and at that point I was admitted to the hospital. I was put on magnesium and trebutaline for contractions and extremely high BP. Nothing worked for me. He was born by C/S at my request after I was given the choice to be induced and possibly have 2 days of labor (my cervix was closed completely) or the c/s and have it done. Two days before he was delivered, I had an ultrasound done and the tech said he looked to be about 4 pounds. He was 6lbs even at birth and 18" long. He spent 10 days in the NICU because the meds I was on made him lazy, and he wasnt working to breathe. As soon as they wore off, he was released. His lungs were completely mature (I requested an amnio when we decided to do the C/S to make sure) and we were thouroughly blessed.

Here is my preemie today. He is 7.6 years old and a healthy and very active child.

ETA: My next two children were born as scheduled repeat c/s at 39 weeks each and they were 7.8 pounds and 8.7 pounds, respectively, with no major pregnancy complications other than caution. :wink:

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 09-01-2010 at 10:38 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote