View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
Weecycled Woolies
Registered Users
seller

Re: Introduce your Preemie(s)!

Hi

My first two babies were not preemies. My 3rd and 4th were and all but my second were born via emergency c section (my 2nd child was a planned uneventful c section)

1st 40 weeks 10 lbs 12 oz.
2nd 38 weeks 8 lbs 2 oz.

3rd and 4th were preterm.

3rd was 34 weeks 6 lbs 2 oz.
4th was 33 weeks 6 lbs 7 oz.

Both preemies had Respiratory Distress Syndrome. My first preemie was just on the cannulis and was a "feeder and grower" and stayed for 10 days even though she did have some issues with her blood pressure that were resolved.

My 2nd preemie had severe RSD and was on the ventilator for 8 days. He also was sedated during that time since he kept figuring out a way to rip it out the first day lol. He had a very hard time and had little to no surfactent. I was also out of the state visiting my mother when it happened and my dh nor the kids could make the trip, so they didn't meet him until he was discharged 5 weeks later and we drove half way across the country back home the next day!

Both preemies suffered some delays. Katie (my 1st) had some physical therapy for her legs until a year and Teagan (my 2nd) will be 2 in 2 weeks and only says 3 words. Katie suffered from many ear infections and colds and received tubes in her ears that helped resolve those issues. Teagan was hospitalized at 1 yr. with H1N1 but other than that, they are typical healthy (although small) children now!

Last edited by Weecycled Woolies; 08-28-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Weecycled Woolies is offline   Reply With Quote