View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:28 AM   #21
MyFourStars
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Introduce your Preemie(s)!

Hi all! It's comforting to hear other preemie stories; Sometimes you feel so alone!

My oldest was full term, 38w, but a c-section because she was breech and refused to turn.

DD2 was 34w. I had PTL with her from 24w on. SO many trips to L&D for terbutaline. My water broke at 34w3d and she was born crying. 5lb 4oz and 18.5in. She spent 14d in the NICU for As&Bs, jaundice, and body temp. She came home wire-free. She hit all her milestones on time or a little after but needed no therapy and she is so far an A student. She has a slight speech delay but it's not enough to require therapy.

DS1 was 32w. I had PTL from 26w on, ended up in the hospital at 31w when I was in full blown labor that they were able to stop with mag *shudder*, but then I had PPROM at 32w exactly. He came out at 4lb 15.5oz SCREAMING, needing no assistance at all. He stayed in the hospital for 3.5 days for routine checks and just came home on billi lights for 5 days. He had surgery for pyloric stenosis at 5 weeks. Unfortunately, he developed tort at 3 months, was EXTREMELY delayed in every area imaginable, and was in some sort of therapy five days a week. He was finally able to eat baby food at 15 months in small quantities, even with physical therapy he needed a walker until 15m and didn't walk well until 18m. He STILL has a speech delay at 4, and he had 20 minutes of speech 5 days a week in preschool last year. We're starting again this year but man...

DS2 was born at 31w6d. I had the progesterone shots during the entire pregnancy, NO bedrest! I had PPROM at 31w but the docs didn't believe me until my fluid dropped to 2cm. They induced me and he was born at 4lbs 4oz (probably due to the fact he had NO FREAKING FLUID for a week...) and 18in. He was SO red and sickly looking He came home after 11 days, on an apnea monitor, but was back in the hospital a week later when he had two episodes of apnea that required serious stimulation to get him out of. Turned out he had reflux and was on meds for 8 months. He had tort and because I knew what to look for, I caught it at 2 months and he only needed two months of therapy to fix it. He had surgery at 1 for Cryptorchidism. Now he's HUGE and has no delays TG.

DS3 was born at 35w2d!!! Almost fullterm by my standards LOL. I had the shots again, plus betamethasone at 33 weeks when my cervix dilated to 3cm. I had PPROM after having a backache all night. Had I known my backache was labor, I would have gone to the hospital to let them stop it (they give us the option to stop after 34w). He was 5lbs 1 oz, 19in. He came out screaming too, but they took him because he was "breathing too fast". I don't buy anything anyone in that room said though. The only one who was good was my actual nurse. The delivering doc shoved her hand in my hoohaa to "check for a rupture" and ripped my placenta out. She's also butchered my stomach when she tied my tubes... Grrr. Anyway, he spent 4 days in the NICU, no problems at all. He has reflux but is off Zantac now because it constipates him so badly. I can't have ANY dairy at all, not even things with lactic acid in them, or his stomach bloats and he has awful gas. He was hospitalized with rotovirus at two months after he received the vaccine. You aren't supposed to give the vax if the baby is on liquid antacids, but that little tidbit is BURIED in the papers, so no one knew until I found it. Poor baby. He ENORMOUS now though, 19+lbs, and hitting milestones pretty well.

And just because I them all so much...

My Twilight FanFic-Finding Rose *Updated Chapter 13!*

Last edited by MyFourStars; 08-30-2010 at 09:31 AM.
MyFourStars is offline   Reply With Quote