Old 09-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #12
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: *Wednesday Sept 8.10**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealii View Post
Alisha - :wave2:
Kellie - for having DS at work! that's great!
Cecili - hope your appt goes well tomorrow! As far as DH, I totally understand, not with RPGs but cars and video games, etc. Sometimes it seems like 75% of our conversations are something to do with cars, car parts or drag racing, lol. I really enjoy learning though and enjoy cars, learning about them and helping him work on them, and I really enjoy playing video games with him. After 3 years of marriage, he'd actually rather play a two-person game with me than play a racing game by himself We go on walks as a fam and also really like to play cards and board games and such. I try to interest or involve myself in some of the things he enjoys so that when it comes time for something I want, I can "use that against him" in a nice way . If I make myself willing to do the things that he loves, but wouldn't be my top choice, he's a lot more willing to involve himself in things I like. And I find that the stuff he likes is sometimes pretty interesting, LOL. GL! it's hard being married to a man sometimes!

Sleep last night was stinky. Finally started to fall asleep around 3:30 and then DD fell out of her bed, hehe. Then in she came at 7 giving me her stuffed animals. So I'm tired. Our friends should get here sometime tomorrow afternoon and DH will be home late tomorrow night. So today is one more load of laundry (maybe two) and more cleaning, mainly bathrooms and floors. And then prolly a nap while she's sleeping this afternoon. Poor DH only got 2.5 hours of sleep last night and it sounds like today and tomorrow are going to be just as busy and stressful for him so I have a feeling when he gets home, he's gonna crash like crazy. I really hope he gets some time off and they don't make him go into work on friday, I'd be ticked.
Hope all you ladies have a good day!
Well, we do go on walks, but only if it's cool and nice and yesterday was hot and humid. HE's also a video game nut, but even that's been put on the back burner.
YAY for tomorrow night!!!! FX he doesn't have to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2 View Post
good morning ladies!

Phew! Yesterday was just a bad day. The kids refused to nap, had some issues to deal with on the computer, I was exhausted, dh had a cross country meet and didn't get home until late....it was just a rough day.

This morning I thought it was going to be rough too. DS woke up at 6:40am and decided it was time to through a fit. Luckily dh calmed him down for me b/c I was about to have a panic attack remembering yesterday and starting the day off the same way! I was able to sleep for 10 more minutes before the kids woke me up again I had them stay in their room until 8 though. I *need* time to wake up by myself before people start demanding things of me.

I decided to take the garbage out to the road and throw the frisbee for the dog for about 10 minutes and just being outside where I couldn't hear them fight really helped calm me down a lot. I came back in and got them up and we've had a decent morning so far. We put away the dishes (they love to help with the silverware and plastic bowls), ate breakfast, did the dishes, cleaned out the garbage can (I've been dreading that for a while). Now I'm about to do some homeschooling I think.

Wish me luck!

ETA: Oh! And wish me luck on this too....I'm not yelling today. Not once. I find with 3 kids, sometimes the only way for me to even be heard is to raise my voice and I'm ~tired~ of it. It stresses me out and doesn't do ANY good. If they can't listen to me when I'm talking then they will just get in trouble, but I refuse to yell today.
Isn't nice when they want to help and then actually DO help!!? Hope the non-yelling goes the way you want all day!!!! 3 kids.........I doubt I could do it.

[QUOTE=howmanykids;11172097]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealii View Post
Alisha - :wave2:
Kellie - for having DS at work! that's great!
Cecili - hope your appt goes well tomorrow! As far as DH, I totally understand, not with RPGs but cars and video games, etc. Sometimes it seems like 75% of our conversations are something to do with cars, car parts or drag racing, lol. I really enjoy learning though and enjoy cars, learning about them and helping him work on them, and I really enjoy playing video games with him. After 3 years of marriage, he'd actually rather play a two-person game with me than play a racing game by himself We go on walks as a fam and also really like to play cards and board games and such. I try to interest or involve myself in some of the things he enjoys so that when it comes time for something I want, I can "use that against him" in a nice way . If I make myself willing to do the things that he loves, but wouldn't be my top choice, he's a lot more willing to involve himself in things I like. And I find that the stuff he likes is sometimes pretty interesting, LOL. GL! it's hard being married to a man sometimes!

not with racing, but other stuff....we do the same things! I learned how to play his favorite card games, and he will chill and watch a movie with me (he hates movies, i love them....i like cards, just not his have-to-be-a-brainiac-to-remember-all-the-rules games) we also spend time walking around a park or going to local free attractions (think museums, riverwalks, etc) We also got into the same tv show (chuck) so that is entertaining because we talk about it afterwards. oh, and i have also learned teh rules of football, and even know some of the player's names we also play a lot of 2 player games after teh kids go to bed....Stratego, Penta, Chess, Aggravation, Phase 10, and Sequence. thats my favorite way to pass an evening, although i do like movies now and then when we just cuddle up and watch together!

Kealii~ Yay for dh coming home, and BOO! For no sleep..I hear ya'!!

as for me~~ i was planning on cleaning, cleaning, cleaning today, and hopefully get some baby stuff out....but, DH and I DTD last night...and i had contractions the rest of the night, so it looks like another lazy day for me today so that i don't set them off again!
the boys are being AWESOME this morning (granted, Dinasour Train is on, but still.....)

The boys had their well baby check ups yesterday, and here's the stats: CHristopher (3 yr) is 90th % for height (he grew 2.5 inches since JUNE!!) and 50% for weight
Patrick (18 months) is 90% for height, and 18% for weight!

The height cracks dh and i up, seeing as I'm 5'4, and he is 5'8!! but, his family are all a bunch of beanpoles, and looks like our boys are going to follow suit!
Christopher has reflux disease, so we are officially starting him on Prevacid...hoping it keeps the throwing up at bay...right now, he pukes about 3 times a week unless he is growing, and then it is every day

Patrick has quit eating, but, he is somehow growing so, dr isn't worried, so neither am I !

BUT>>>UGH vaccines again....what a mess to sort through what to do with those!!!! I'm going ot do some research on MMR, and then I'll post a new thread for opinions on our ddc...i would like your ladies' input, but i want some datat to back what dr. told me first. its hard, 'cause my family is all for vaccines. I'm all for SOME, but not ALL!!!

k, i'm going to go tackle dishes....have a great day all, and i'm sure i'll be back later!!
I thought about trying to get in on their game-it will be played at our house every monday, but the thought of having to put that kind of energy and thought into a stupid game seems like a waste of time. I do like strategy games, but the one we have is 3 player. We do like all the same shows on TV, but sometimes I don't want the TV on all the time, but that's how he was raised. I ate at the dinner table, he ate on the sofa.....so guess where we eat? The sofa, but sometimes Bray and I will eat by ourselves at the table, which stinks.

You have some tall kids!!!! Hope the prevacid works like a charm!! GL with tha vax stuff and dishes!!!! I just finished mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by generous View Post
Good morning ladies.

Cecili- Sorry about DH, my sisters DH used to sit in front of the computer playing games for hours and hours, even with company over. Thankfully my DH does not do that. We love to take walks together (when I don't have a broken foot), play scrabble or just sit and talk. We also like to find a good book and he likes to read to me and then we will talk about it... Just some ideas...

Heather- Good luck on the not yelling. Sometimes it seems so much easier but in the end it really is ineffective and I end up stressed and overwhelmed and the kids probably just think I am a crazy loon!

Kealii- I hope you get some rest today.

AFM: Actually slept well last night although I could have used many many more hours! I think the kids are coming down with something as DS is extra emotional today and DD seems a bit off. I know I am not feeling quite up to par.
I am super excited as tonight I am surprising DD with a special date, I am taking her to see Disney Princesses on Ice... she is going to be so excited! She has no idea! I just hope that I can convince the people there to let me switch my seat... I thought I would be out of a cast by now and I really cannot be walking up tons of stairs, so I hope they will have extra sympathy on me! Maybe I will just wear a really tight shirt and stick out the belly and bring the crutches

Have a great day ladies.
I'd love it if he read to me, but I think he's too self conscious about that. I may have to do some internet research..........
I'm like you, slept okay, but could use several more hours. And what a great night you have planned!!! Good plan on the shirt and crutches!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alishamommy View Post
We've had a pretty good start to the day so far...but we'll see how long that lasts. It's rainy here today so the kids can't get out and run.

Kellie - Yay for the browser letting this one through. That's gotta make you happy!! *woot woot*

Cecili- My dh loves his computer/video games but I find his biggest obsession is watching movies. Usually in the afternoons once we've had lunch on the weekends he heads to the basement to watch...regardless of what I'm dealing with upstairs, or what needs done. So I get your frustration sometimes. However, for my situation its a bit different with him being home and I feel kinda guilty sometimes if I nag about that when he only gets to be home 2 days a week.

Kealii - Good luck with the cleaning. I'm excited for you that DH is coming home

Heather - sending good day vibes your way. Sounds like you're gonna need em.

I'm trying to stay away from the computer a bit today and get some stuff inside done. Tackling DD'S room where she's trashed it with clothes and stuff everywhere. To see the floor is my mission for the day! i still need to take a pic of it for you all to see for arranging ideas when I add DS and all his stuff into the mix. I think I've figured out the closet arranging but I'm excited to see what everyone else suggests. And I'm waiting for some fluffy mail that didn't come yesterday. I'm stalking my mailbox. Hahaha.
It's almost nap time for the kids...so that excites me and my reward for cleaning is having one with them! Fingers crossed that everyone sleeps.
You DH might have an excuse for one afternoon of movie watching, but he still needs to spend tons of time with the kids and you on those 2 days. I'd be nagging, but I'm good at that! Hoping everyone naps!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by connorsmama View Post
oh, goodmorning.. *sigh*
Im tired, my back hurts.. and im really irritated. I dont know why its bugging me so much but someone stole our garbage can last night really ? we live in a really nice neighborhood.. wtf! I am just at a loss of words.. its stupid.. but im so annoyed over it! lol

didnt sleep so well, felt totally uncomfortable all night, the baby was laying transverse and kicking my ribs and hip bones all night, and what felt like my ovaries or kidneys.. some organ was getting a beating.
work was lame last night, but it was nice to have a slow night with all the business we have had.
I want to go shopping today, since i didnt yesterday. I need something.. and online shopping the other day obviously didnt fill that void! lol
dh works again today (will be working insaine hours for the remainder of the month) but hopefully he can be home for dinner.. I would love to make some spaghetti! ive been craving it lately.. that and tacos.
atleast ds has been a good boy this morning, he crawled in bed with me at 7am, and fell back asleep until 9:30, he hasnt been demanding at all .. which im so thankful for.. and right now hes watching jungle junction and chillin. what a good boy!

Kealii- YAY one more day til you see your dh!!
Heather- hang in there mama sounds like you have quite the full house of kiddos.. take a breather.. and i know how you feel. Im tired of yelling at ds.. seems like he wants me to yell at him sometimes!!
cecili- my dh is just obsessed with playing Call of Duty on xbox. but luckily, his xbox had to be sent out to be fixed because it had redring.. so it will be out of comission for a few weeks!
dh is big on helping me clean and stuff lately.. so when we have both been home we do that, or mow the lawn together.. and the other night we took a bath together.. that was relaxing!
Katie- ugh.. well check ups.. i swear those drs come up with vaccines out of their butt sometimes! definately do your research before they pump your kids with them! but seems like your boys are getting big! relax today mama, cleaning can always wait.. and baby needs to cook!
Kellie- YAY for a new browser
Thiele- have fun with your dd, that sounds like a nice mother daughter date! im jealous!
Alisha - have fun cleaning! lol.. im an orginizational freak. i love to have things all have their own place! i think i have a bit of ocd
Mine has been laying transverse and it really IS uncomfortable!!!! I feel ya. for the trashcan issue. i love the red ring of death, but unfortunately, the stupid Xbox isn't the issue this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2 View Post
Thanks ladies for all the gl. It's going well so far! I feel a bit more relaxed too! We just got done with homeschooling and we read Dumbo afterward, but they're all laying down watching Max & Ruby. Normally there's always someone up and about, but everyone is chilling right now. It's nice!

Korin-- people stole your trash can?! Seriously?! I would be so mad!! lol We're such opposites though! I would prefer to shop online! I hate shopping at the mall or stores! It takes too much energy when I'm pregnant!
WOW. Sounds like heaven at your house today!!! Hope it stays that way.

My you guys were chatty while I was away. Probably more posts while I did this one.

I thought there would be puddles out since it's been rainy, but there were none.....maybe later or tomorrow. Bray had his boots on and looked so freaking cute. It was nice to go on a leisurely walk with him. I find walking to be getting more difficult as I am getting more uncomfortable, which stinks because my fat a** needs it.
Anyone else love their husband dearly, but thinks that maybe they aren't the soulmate you once thought they were?? Like maybe there is someone out there that IS the perfect compliment?? I hate feeling that way, but it's the truth. Man I wish I could go to counseling more that 2X a month....i really need it, but can't afford it. Booo