View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
Designsbybequi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sciatic Nerve Pain?

I had it for four months very very bad! The baby was in the same position for those four months, then one day, something felt very weird and strong in my uterus and the next time I met with my midwife, the baby had moved to the other side. The thing I found to be very interesting was, the sciatic pain went away! Having it daily for four months and then not at all was quite a change. So, it could be where your baby is positioned. What I did when I had it really bad was place a heating pad on it before bed for 1 1/2 hours. I would put a movie on for the kids and use the heating pad. The pain eased by about a half but once I laid down, it would hurt so badly again. I had to prop my legs up on pillows and that helped and I would stretch in bed for about one hour to finally be able to sleep.
These actions aggravate it quite a bit so try very hard to avoid them: picking up and holding your kids (that was hard for me because I have a little one, but I would sit on the sofa and hug her instead of hold her), the action of doing laundry really aggravates it and mopping, sweeping and vacuuming hurts it a lot. If you can, hire someone to help with those things. I have a lady coming for $40 a week to do 3 loads of laundry, all mopping/vacuuming and sweeping, garbages, toilets, etc. My mom is doing 2 loads of laundry for me a week right now- just to prevent the sciatic pain. I don't do groceries alone anymore. I wait for my husband and go with him. He can pick the kids up and put them in the carts and carry any heavy thing. It really seems to be helping. The pain was excruciating and I know what you're going through. I also prayed a lot when I was lying there in bed in extreme pain. After praying for what seemed liked weeks, the baby moved and the pain went away, but I'm still sticking to my not doing certain activities and picking up heavy things just to weather out the last month of this pregnancy. Good luck and it will be over very soon!!!
Designsbybequi is online now   Reply With Quote