View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #61
briggsy13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mitch and Heidi-and the Homeschool mamas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designsbybequi View Post
I started homeschooling my 4 year old PreVK stuff (45 mins a day), but trying to figure out what to do with my 23 month old is VERY tough!!! Today, I put on a movie for her to watch and when I went in to check on her after 10 minutes, she had found an ink pen and wrote all over our leather couch!!! Thank God our couch is old and we should have gotten rid of it last year and decided to keep it for the destruction factor, so I don't really care, but I really don't know what the heck to do to keep her busy for 45 minutes. She is very distracting and destructive if I try to include her at this point. I feed her for the first 20 minutes, then it's the last 25 minutes that are crazy. I don't know if I'm going to be able to do this homeschool thing with another newborn on the way in 5 weeks and a 2 year old and 4 year old!!! HELP!! I'm about to quit and pick it up in a year, but don't want my 4 year old behind when we start the kindergarten curriculum. We are just doing reading, writing, math right now (like letter recognition, phonics and number recognition), super easy stuff and keeping it fun but my 2 year old is beginning to stress me out too much. My 4 yr old is most alert first thing in the morning and very focused. I've tried to do homeschool during the 2 year olds nap but my 4 year old isn't in the mood anymore by that time and has lost focus. She's a morning girl and I hear to work with their natural schedule with homeschooling. I don't want to turn her off at this early of an age. It's just tough juggling the kiddos and being pregnant! I actually have to skip breakfast to sneak in homeschool and eat afterward, which when you're as pregnant as I am is tough. I'm thinking about my morning oatmeal the whole time!!! Maybe now is just a bad time for homeschooling!
what's crazy is how familiar this sounds!!! I have a 4 year old a 2 year old and in 5 weeks from today will have a newborn. I just got in the mail today our K4 curriculum. My son is so excited about "school". I'm hoping to have everything together enough to start on Monday. My plan is to have my 2 year old at the table with us. If she isn't paying attention to what we are doing and is distracting us then I will give her some coloring worksheets or something to hopefully make her feel included. But we shall see how well that works!!! A show would work for her, but I don't want him to be distracted by it being on in the next room.