View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
sarahakamommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Dec. Bellies Daily Chat 9/9!

I attended a Birthing From Within training about 10 years ago when I was working as a doula. I can't say enough good things about the book/program. I bet you can find the book on amazon pretty cheap these days.

AFM - I'm taking all four kids to the dentist tomorrow and then racing to my fetal echo (with all the kids in tow) so I'm hoping we don't get any bad news. I can always have my 15 yo take the younger kids to the waiting room if it seems like something is not right, but either way I think it will be important for them to see their little brother on the u/s screen in real time not just the pics I've brought home.

My insurance wouldn't cover my testing strips or insulin today. They switched my plan all around and I understand some medications require pre-auth but what about my testing strips?! How will I know if my blood sugar is all whacked out? I'm not just a gestational diabetic so this was odd to me.

I started taking zoloft for anxiety and to stave off post partum depression. I think I'm starting to feel the effects after two weeks now, not totally better, but thank goodness because I've been doing battle with the insurance! I probably wouldn't have lasted this long without a breakdown if it weren't for the medication. I'm hoping I won't have to take it too long after delivery, but I was hospitalized with SEVERE depression after my DD and it was beyond hard on our family.

Mom to Maggie
Hannah Avery Jillian and baby Parker Henry due in early December
sarahakamommy is offline   Reply With Quote