View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #22
grimesy104
Registered Users

Re: joing y'all soon

Thought I'd give this thread a bump- I'm in a similar situation. Will be moving to Edmonton in a few months for the hubs job... we are moving from Virginia, but I'm originally from New England, so I think I'm ready for the winter.

I have to admit, the no Target thing has got me a little worried. I'm so all about Target. I'm sure I'll be able to find something comparable? And thanks, somebody for clearing up that "Your KD is our KD" comment. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what KD was.

I was also hoping that maybe some of you Edmonton mamas could give me some tips as to what neighborhoods/areas are good for kids? We've got 2 girls- one is almost 4months and the other is 22 months. My husband and I will most likely be coming up to scout out our housing situation before we move up for good, but if I had an idea of what area I'm looking for it would be helpful. I'd love to avoid the soulless subdivision if at all possible... love a neighborhood that I an walk to parks/coffeeshops/library/etc. Older homes with character, that sort of thing. Is there an area like that there? We'll be looking to rent, as we'll probably only be there a few years.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice you have for me during this CRAZY stressful time!
grimesy104 is offline   Reply With Quote