View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #16
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Delayed walking and development question..

My DS was born at 36 weeks. He weighed 7lbs 14oz and was 21in tall. At 6 weeks old, he could roll over and hold up his head. He started eating solids at 4 months and started really babbling up a storm around 6 months. He started walking by himself consistently around his first birthday (and weaned himself) and at 18 months, he has no bottles, no pacifiers, eats solid foods, and can climb like mad and run like the wind. My only concern is that he doesn't say anything we can understand.

He makes animal noises, and he understands what we say, and he can follow up to three steps of directions, but he does not say words. What's funny is that if you ask him to tell you a story he will go on for about a minute or two and when he stops, if you ask him to tell you the story again, he 'says' the exact same thing. All of the noises and syllables and inflections are the same. We just have NO IDEA what he's saying... I'm hoping he starts saying something intelligible soon. I feel so bad for him when he is OBVIOUSLY explaining something to me, and I have no idea what he's saying. Honestly, it makes me feel dumb LOL.