View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #178
Registered Users
Re: What "natural" parenting choice freaked your family and friends out the most?

My mom used to give me a hard time about ERFing but then she finally looked at the videos I emailed her about it and I haven't heard a peep about it since. I think everyone thinks I'm crazy to still be nursing a 4 year old but they've learned to shut up about it. When I was pregnant with my oldest my mil could not understand why I would choose to see a midwife instead of a "real doctor" and asked constantly if they would allow me to see a real doctor at some point in my pregnancy. When I got pregnant with my second we had moved and she asked if I was able to find a "real doctor" I liked in our new city. I'm pretty sure her head almost exploded when I told her we were driving 1 1/2 hours to the birth center.

The cloth diapers got me some weird looks in the beginning and so did cosleeping. My mom (who is a L&D nurse) seemed to seek out every story about a baby dying in a parents bed in the beginning.
Awesome Heartsy Deals today! Get $5 credit for signing up and take advantage. Soaps, cookies and baby hats are all feature deals today!
Greenbabybottoms is offline   Reply With Quote