Thread: Birthing things
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 08:59 AM   #1
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Birthing things

I saw someone mention a Hep Lock. What is a Hep Lock? I hate IVs.

For those of you that have had a episiotomy/s or ended up tearing naturally, did this happen again on subsequent births? My OB gave me an episiotomy when I had my first daughter eleven months ago, against my will, actually (I told her not to). And while it's healed alright, it still is sore from time to time if any pressure is applied against it. I am due to have a baby at any time (due August 8, but I'm on bedrest for preterm labour) and I really don't have much faith in the scar holding strong. Although, I guess I really don't have a preference regarding tearing naturally or having an episiotomy this time around. It already happened once, so, you know, whatever...

I am thinking I will likely get an epidural. I've been on either bedrest or limited activity the whole of this pregnancy and I swear every muscle in my body has atrophied. It's pretty sad. While I hate IVs, I'm guessing that it is out of the question to have an epidural without one?

Thanks,
Sarah
SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote