View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Our bumpy road came to an end......Claire Diane is here!!!!!

As you all may know, our journey started 6 years ago, my bumpy road thread is in TTC, and there to give all struggling a hope like no other.

On Sept 20th I had my last BPP and NST, baby was doing fine, I was 40w2d at that point and elated that we would soon have a baby......you can't stay pregnant forever! I was then threatened with induction by my OB, he said that if I did not start or go into labor by Wed evening he was inducing, I was scared of induction, terrified that I would be pushed into many interventions and not have the birth I was hoping for after over 6 years of trying.

Wed came, we tried to push induction all day back to Thursday at least in hopes of me going into labor myself.......not happening, there was no way OB was letting me go past 40w5d. So all day Wed, David and I walked , went to a few stores, and then I took a bath trying to see if relaxing would help, well, David came into the bathroom, I was terribly nervous, he sat down on the commode seat and was just about to tell me something, and CRACK! He broke the seat, well that was all I needed, I exploded into laughter and felt much more at ease. I ate a light meal and we headed to the hospital because we felt there was not much more we could do.

All day long I had had tightening in my belly, but after all, those are what braxton hicks are, and that is all that I thought. I asked everyone I knew what a contraction felt like and low and behold everyone said, like a period cramp....well, that was not what I was having, I was having a tightening in my belly......not a cramp.

We got ready to head to the hospital, packed the car, my parents are here from Canada and my mom headed down with us. She and David packed some grapes and apples in case I got hungry, even though you are not supposed to eat anything but ice chips.

We got there, got to my room and I talked to the nurses, told them about all my aprehensions and they said, well, let us just check you and see what is going on, we are not gonna force you to stay here, you have the right to leave at any time, but just let us see what is going on. They checked me, lo and behold, there I was at 4 cm, 80% and 0 station! Bishops score of 9, what the heck, they called the doc and he said well, let her go and see if she progresses. I did it, all on my own! I did not need induction meds! So I labored all night, David and mom by my side encouraging me to keep up the great work. By the time the doc came in I was at 7 and really hurting, I made it to transition....completely med free............The next thing was to break my water, I had not eaten all night, last thing I ate was a bowl of soup at 7 pm the night before, my body was exhausted. There was no more that I could do, OB asked me one more time, are you needing something for the pain, and at that moment I said, yes, make it stop, make it stop........so off the nurse ran to get the epi dude and here he came back in to make it stop. David did not leave during the whole process and it was no time and epi was in, and I was finally able to relax enough to get some sleep, because as we all know the big event was on its way, I had to give birth to baby Monkey!

At 10:30 am the nurse came in and said, ok we are ready to start pushing....you are gonna have a baby before noon today! I pushed and pushed and pushed for what seemed like forever, and at 11:43 am the sweetest most precious drink of water I have ever had in my whole life was delivered into this world. David announced, It's a girl, Honey we have a daughter! OB patiently waited for her cord to quit pulsing and then daddy cut the cord. I tore really bad, so I sent my mom to the nursery with Claire while David stayed with me and they stitched me up, I am still very sore, but I don't care, it had been all worth it, the bumpy road, the battle of infertility and beating infertility, the gestational diabetes......it has all been worth it!

I could not have made it without him or mom........Claire Diane has changed our lives like we never imagined! She is beautiful, pink and all girl, I could not imagine life any other way than to have a little princess as my first born. I am gonna take this baby moon time to knit up a whole lot of skirties and all other girly knits!!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...&ref=fbx_album

Here is her album on FB, if you are not friends with me, you can add me, just let me know that you are from DS.