View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I NEED no-cry sleep solutions for a 2 year old (no crib)

My son started having problems with going to bed about half way through my radiation (in June). At the time I assumed that he was having issues with me leaving before he woke up to go and get said radiation (daddy was here but he isn't mommy). So when I got finished I tried to give him reassurance that I wasn't going anywhere. His behavior has got worse not better.

I thought that this was a cancer problem so I posted my problem on a lymphoma board and they told me that this is developmental for his age. So therefore I am asking here.

Right now I am sleeping with him about 80% of the time (sometimes more). I thought he was scared of the dark so I put a nightlight in his room, which freaked him out, and was quickly removed. We have since purchased a ladybug that puts stars out and he loves his "bug" and that seems to help with that.

We are not expecting him to not climb into our bed at all. Obviously if he isn't feeling well or gets scared he can do that. I also don't mind if he finishes the night in our bed... say around 4 or 5 am. However right now we have issues even getting to 4-5.

DH is ready to do CIO and I am not. I still have issues with me having cancer and not being able to be the kind of mom I wanted to be. I am fine now but mommy guilt runs deep.

So what has worked for you? My son sleeps in a twin bed (Ikea Kura at the lower setting, not loft). I should also add that my son is not in diapers anymore even at night. I am willing to try anything at this point.

Thank you for your help... sorry this was so long.

ETA We do have a nighttime routine with him with putting on PJ's, brushing teeth then reading a story till he falls asleep. Though sometimes he seems to need to be read to for hours. He still needs his nap as by his behavior in the afternoon, so I am not sure what more we can do to change his routine.

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 10-10-2010 at 06:15 PM.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote