View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #32
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WHY do mamas sell items for double or more than they paid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandle
Yes, I'm really sorry to say this and I hope no one takes offense, but I get tired of these threads about people selling for more. If I sell something to someone else and they can turn around and get more for it well then good for them. I really don't understand the big deal. To me if people are getting upset it's because they are jealous that they didnt' ask for the money that the other person is getting now.
I have never followed up on an item that I have sold, I dont' have time... or the energy to even remember what I've sold or for how much!
One thing that really frustrates me about these conversations about this topic is that people forget we live in a country with a FREE MARKET and we in America and other countries are built on the principle of capitalism. When we start trying to take away peoples ability to generate profit and instead demand that subscribe to our economic ideals (in this case, not selling for more than you bought for) I think we really start to abandon ship on the whole free market thing... and that's sad. It really irks me actually...maybe it's the business/econ degree in me, but I just am very bothered by this.
That all being said, I've never sold for more than what I've bought for, but I mostly buy new because I think there is too much drama involved in the FSOT lately.
I don't think a pm is neccessary. If it is so upsetting, sell your stuff for more, kwim? I'm not trying to offend anyone, I *understand* the argument but I just really disagree with it.
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote