View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 10:45 AM   #9
BambooMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Co-sleeping, BF, CD... & lots of other questions

i have a 5 wk old and actually nursed side lying as we coslept in the hospital bed (which none of the nurses knew i did)... it was actually easier to do that for her than to be sitting up with the typical cradle or football hold. so it can work for people at VERY different times. dd falls asleep too, but she must stay awake longer b/c she doesn't nurse really frequently at night.

as for the red butt cheeks, i know that pink-squeezed-together-in-a-diaper-butt-cheek look. i'm betting it's fine. i notice that if i do a bit of diaper free time in the am, it'll go away, so i know it's not a rash. might want to try that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-girl
Hmm! Kind of discouraging to think it might take until 5 months or 8 months to really get the hang of side-lying. We practiced today. I think I need lots of pillows, including the one behind his back. Thanks for your support! If anyone else does side-lying, please let me know when you & your babe got good at it.

On closer examination, I think the redness on his bum is more from the cheeks rubbing together. It's more pink than angry red and not located anywhere else. Guess we'll stick to the flats and covers for now.

Tx again!