View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #15
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "but HOW did daddy put the baby in your tummy?"

The Kid has been asking me a lot how babies get inside uteruses (his word). I got a book called Where Do Babies Come From by Angela Rovston. The book starts off saying:
Quote:
Babies come from eggs. Most living things start life as a small egg
then it goes on to say
Quote:
where do ducklings come from. it takes a mother duck and a father duck to make a duckling. inside the father duck there are tiny sperm. inside the mother duck there are tiny eggs. a tiny egg joins with a sperm inside the mother to make a duck's egg...Ducklings grow inside the eggs. Ducklings grow up to become mother ducks and father ducks.
Then it talks about sunflowers and kittens (exact same M.O. as above only using kittens) and then about babies saying the exact same thing about them except that it says that babies are pushed out through a special passage between the mother's legs. It's pretty simple in the way it describes it and I'm hoping it quenches The Kid's thirst for knowledge at least for the next 35 years or so.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote