View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #20
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: "but HOW did daddy put the baby in your tummy?"

My son is more concerned with how the baby will get out. In fact, he asked me yesterday "Did you push me?" I had no idea where he was going with this so I said, 'No Evan, we don't push." He looked at me like I was crazy and said "When I was in your uterus, Mom, did you push me? How did I get out of there?" He knows that babies come from " 'ginas" as he calls it and seems to know a lot about the birth process, although he has never witnessed it. I was thinking about letting him be there for this baby's birth (He'll be almost 6.5) but DH isn't comfortable with that. We still have 6 months to discuss it though. I agree with the open honest answers though. I also stress marriage, but ds knows you don't have to be married due to several single friends with babies. Also, we have discussed what he wants in a wife. I kind of interviewed him one night last week and I said "What if your wife doesn't want to go to church?" His answer: "Oh she's going to church" "What if your wife won't make meatloaf?" (Ds's favorite meal) "I can make it for her" "What if your wife won't eat Bell Peppers?" "Then she will shrink of course!" Ha Ha, sorry this is long but I think having an idea of what a child wants in a mate is a great way to stress family values and get good laughs!