View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: is bread machine bread heaviery?

I have ONE recipe I have that is sooooooooo much better than store bought and is just as light and fluffy as the store bought but without the preservatives, it doesn't last but 2 days that way. But then again, with 6 people in our family, it's a miracle if it lasts that long!

Well, we don't bake this recipe in the machine but use the "dough only" feature and finish it up in the oven. We have found that if we bake it in the machine, it dries it up

Here is our recipe and it fits in our 1- 1 1/2 pound machine:

1 cup milk (warmed in microwave 45 sec.)
3 tbsp. butter (melted)
1 egg
3 tbsp sugar/honey
1 tsp. salt
3 cups All Trumps High Gluten flour (we get ours from Costco and it's the "Cadillac" of all flours!) gluten gives it great taste and "fluff"
1 tsp. yeast

I use the dough feature, let it go through that and when it's finished, I punch it down once, let it sit and re-rise for 10 min. After that, I put it in a buttered bread pan and set on top of a warmed oven (sorry to forget: pre-heat oven to 350) and let it rise in the pan for 30 min. After that, put in oven for 30 min. brush the top with butter and cool Awesome!