View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 03:41 PM   #5
mommypooh
Registered Users

Re: Getting past the biting?

My DS bit me on 2 occasions. the first time I just put him down and then we left the house so I didn't get to do much for reacting. The second time was one week later and he bit down I yanked him off my lap Yelled NO BITING set him on the ground quite firmly, got up walked out of the room slammed the bedroom door and serveyed the damage. I came out about 10 min later and still would not look at him. I walked away and went in the kitchen for another 15 min I had no response to him all the while he was yelling like I had killed him. When I did pick him back up and took him back to nurse he gently kissed the boob before gently latching on. He got the point quick. He started to bit down one time after that and I screamed so loud I scared him stiff. He was 10 months old when I did this.

I know I probaley should not have ignored him as long as I did but I was so angry I knew better than to try to interact with him until I had calmed down cause if he had done it again I can't say I would not have just pushed him off my lap. SO knowing my own temper I gave him a long time of no mommy attention so I could cool down.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote