View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 04:40 PM   #48
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Re: maggie gyllenhaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean3 View Post
I never said that women nursing in public was not on the list of things they are to respect. They are taught, in general, to respect other people. However, this is MUCH easier to teach if the nursing mother is at least attempting to be discreet. It is respectful for a woman to use some discretion, and it is respectful for my family not to draw undue attention to the fact that they are NIP. Common sense. They are feeding their kid...period...I don't care if it is with a bottle or a breast. I would prefer my kids not to be flashed with the entire breast during the process. Again, you can access the nipple without exposing the entire upper torso in the process.

You do what you want...I will do what I want. I'm not on any crusade, and I don't insist people think like me. I also am not going to be devastated, heartbroken, or feel like a failure if I cannot nurse this baby. As long as I feed him, I'm happy.
This was my point. Why do people have to be discreet when nursing if they're OK with showing their OWN skin? If you don't like it, too bad. Women don't cover up in other countries most of the time because breastfeeding IS NOT A SEXUAL ISSUE. Unfortunately, our society has oversexualized the femal body, AND has not been accepting of BFing in public which causes people to feel uncomfortable with an almost bare breast showing if there is a baby attached to it. It's doesn't have to be like that at all. If she were sitting in the park with her boob hanging out for now reason at all, then I'd be bothered. But she's feeding her baby. What you should teach your children, along with modesty, is respect for the human body. Teach them that seeing a bare breast with a baby attached doesn't have to be sexual in nature. They're useful for more than one thing.

On the longies... they don't really look like longies to me. They look like striped tights for under a dress.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote