View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller

BFing after segmental mastectomy/lumpectomy

I had a segmental mastectomy to remove a large (about the size of a racquetball) Fibroadenoma (a type of benign tumor) from my right breast in June. I have about a 2 inch scar around my areola but my breast looks normal otherwise (my surgeon was awesome; the first surgeon I saw said I would need reconstructive surgery so I got a second opinion).

We were planning on TTC when I had my surgery, so I asked my doctor about breastfeeding during one of my follow up appointments. He thinks I will be able to, but said I always have the other breast if I can't use the right side.

I'm 9 weeks pregnant now and wondering if anyone here has any experience with this. I would like to be able to EBF but I'm not sure if it will be possible. I'm worried I might not get much, if any, milk from the right side. If that happens, could my left side produce enough to make up for the right? Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm going to be a first time mom so I'm still learning

Thanks in advance ladies!
Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.

Last edited by 04liquidS; 11-24-2010 at 06:13 PM.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote