View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: when you and DH disagree?

It seems weird that he is saying his one issue with it is your sleep. If you are willing to compromise some sleep then why doesn't he let you? And really, as someone who had to supplement, I got WAY more sleep when I was able to breastfeed at night compared to when I had to rely on the bottle.

As for the Domperidone, it is a prescription drug. If you are looking for it in the US, the only way to get it here (without ordering it online from overseas) is to have it prescribed to you by a doctor. Those prescriptions can be filled at a compounding pharmacy only. I have a prescription and I still buy it online because it is cheaper that way. BUT I think Domperidone should never be the first resort. It sounds to me that you feel the issue was not a physical issue on your end, but a breastfeeding management issue. You are much better off treating the problem and not the symptom, which means more nursing time and nursing on demand. I highly recommend getting the book The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk. It covers soooo much including normal behaviors that we misinterpret as low supply, how to establish a good supply, how to increase supply, and so much more. I think it is a great book for those who have low supply as well as those who just want to avoid common pitfalls. Good luck!