View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 04:37 AM   #4
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

Re: ped dentist demands I wean!

I'm sorry that you are going through this Dental issue with a little one are never any fun. Judee had quite a bit of dental work done when he was between 1 and 2, as several of his teeth came in iwht no enamel on them and they just started rotting away as soon as they emerged. We had to go to 2 pedi dentists, as the first was an idiot who told me it was BECAUSE of bf'ing lol So apparently I make milk that is like paint thinner and not only rots teeth but permeates the gum line and eats away enamel before the tooth is even starting to emerge The 2nd dentist was AWESOME...she was very supportive of breastfeeding, and she was also very supportive of gentle parenting. The other dentists around here strap babies into a bed thing to do the work, Jude's work was done laying upside down on my lap with me holding his hands so that he didn't grab at the equiptment. When she was done wth a portion of it, she'd say...go head, let him nurse for bit to calm him down and then we'll continue...she was SO great!!!!

I didn't check out the kellymom link, but I know she has TONS of great stuff so I'm going to assume that as usual she has thourough information on this posted. I do knw that in my own opinion, I knwingly tend to nurse my kids in such a way that it is possible to facilitate tooth decay but, and this is just my .02, I'f much rather have their baby teeth have a bit of rot on them than to change the formation of their tooth line and have an artifical substance go into their little body.