View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
libbylou62
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
nursing aaaaaaaaaaall night long!

so DS is 4 months old now, and we bed share and feed on demand. Until just lately, a couple of times a night he would get restless, i would wake up, sit up, feed him, change his diaper, then try and settle us back into bed ..recently, since we've become nursing ninjas (lol it took us a loooong time to get the hang of nursing!), i've discovered that i can just roll with him from side to side and feed him right in the bed. This causes way less disruption for everone and everybody's loving it. The only thing is, usually we both just fall back to sleep while he is latched on so that he spends more time latched on than not ..this doesn't bother me at all, i find nursing all night much less disruptive than getting up once or twice, but my question is, is it okay for him? i can't think of any reason why i wouldn't be, i just thought i'd ask some more experienced mamas to make sure. I don't want to ask my pediatrician, as bedsharing is officially bad.
Libby, helpmate to love of my life #1 carpenter/tattoo artist/musician/fullt-time student Matt , full-time nanny to E(8/05), E(10/07) & J(12/09) , & proud waterbirthing, non-circing, BFing, NIPing, BWing, CDing, bed-sharing, APing, full-vaxing mama to love of my life #2 Henry David (9/12/10)
libbylou62 is offline   Reply With Quote