View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 09:35 AM   #4
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Stinky cord stump ?

Sounds fairly normal, but if it smells really bad I would call the ped. We even had slight bleeding just before the stump fell off on some of my dc. My first three dc took between 4-6 weeks for the stump to fall off, and then all was well. There is sometimes a relationship to the stump taking a long time to fall off, and getting sick a lot later on. I don't know what it is, but my ped said to remind him about it taking a long time if ds1 got sick a lot later. I'm not sure how important the alcohol is, and I think it might not be recommended anymore.

Dd4 lost hers in a week or so, and then it oozed for months and months. I brought her to the ped twice about it. The first time, there was some stump left and they put something on it. The second time, it looked mostly the same and they said it was just oozing, and they said she would eventually outgrow it as her belly grew and the area got exposed to air more. The oozing stuff is a skin irritant and needs to be wiped away regularly with water or the area will get more irritated and look worse.

Malka
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote