ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR PANCAKES:
1 egg
1 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR WAFFLES:
3 eggs, separated
2 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil

In large bowl mix 1st eight ingredients. Store in airtight container for up to six months.

To prepare pancakes: Heat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, beat egg, water and oil. Whisk in 1-1/2 cups pancake/waffle mix. Let stand for 5 minutes. Pour batter pour in a greased/floured baking sheet. Bake 5-10mins, keeping a very close eye on the batter. It will cook quickly and vary greatly depending on humidity and ambient temp that day. They are done when light gold on top or toothpick in thickest part comes out clean. Cut into 12 slices for small pancakes, or 6 for large pancakes.

To prepare waffles: In a large bowl, beat egg yolks, water and oil. Stir in 2-1/2 cups pancake/waffle mix just until moistened. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 13 waffles (about 4 inches) per batch

Biscuits
2c all purpose flour
1tbsp baking powder
1tsp salt
1/3c oil
2/3c butter milk

Preheat oven to 375

Mix dry ingredients, Use fork to mix in oil. Stir in buttermilk till dough comes together. From this point you can roll the dough out and use a glass or biscuit cutter or simply drop onto greased cookie sheet, it's up to you. That's why I like this recipe it can go either way. Triple the recipe and you can store the dry ingredients in the fridge, or roll/cut out some, separate with wax paper and store in the fridge for up to a week. They don't freeze well unfortunately.

German Puff Pancakes w/ lemon glaze
6 eggs
1c whole wheat flour
1tbsp flaxseed meal
1c milk
1/4tsp salt
1/2tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp salted butter

Preheat oven to 375. Place pie pan in oven to heat. Allow milk and eggs to warm to room temperature for best results.
Whisk eggs, flour, flaxseed meal, milk, salt and vanilla until all lumps are gone, you can also use a blender to mix ingredients. You should have a very thin batter.
Take pie pan out of oven and add 2tbsp butter, return to oven for approx. 5 min. You want the butter to be bubbling but not browning when you add batter. Add 1 to 1 1/2c batter. Bake until puffed and no longer moist in the center, approx. 20-25mins.

Lemon Glaze
1/2c sugar
1-3tbsp lemon juice
2tbsp water (butter can be substituted for a more decedent glaze)

In small sauce pan warm water and sugar until sugar starts to dissolve. Add lemon juice 1 tbsp at a time, carefully tasting after each addition to see if it's to your liking. The glaze will be lava hot, so when I say carefully I mean carefully! Brush glaze over warm Puff Pancake and sprinkle with your favorite fruit, diced finely if it's large fruit. Our family likes pomegranate seeds, strawberries, oranges or peaches when they're in season.

Sorry I don't have any links, these are recipes I've been fiddling w/ and only slightly resemble the original. Bethany89's graham cracker recipe sounds better than the one I use, so I'm gonna try that first before sharing mine. No point in having 2 recipes for the same thing if hers is better.

Add
Bethany89's graham cracker recipe is much, much better than the one I've been using. It's so good that I took mine out of the Rolodex and replaced it with hers.

Last edited by blackberry75; 01-19-2011 at 12:57 AM.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote