View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
My Mood:
Is he trying to wean?

I have no idea what its like for a child to self wean. My first didn't wean until she was 3.5 years old (3 months after her brother was born, I tandem nursed)
Anyway, my son will be 17 months old on Jan 21st. He went through this spell about 2 months ago where he didn't want to nurse much and I thought he was ready to give it up (14-15 months at the time). Now hes nearing 17 months and doing it again. He will go 2-4 hours and I will offer it and he will see it and smile and come over, but will only nurse for a minute or less and then he will start squirming because he want to get soon as he gets down I start to have let down, thankfully I don't leak. so I don't know whats going on. I mean he gets excited when he knows its time to nurse but then doesn't want it when he starts. Its kind of stressing me out because I am not really ready to have him stop, not before 2 anyway.
What do you all think is happening? Thanks!
Thank my Motorola Electrify for any random words.
Ashley,wife to ChrisMama to Madison(7)Wyatt(4) and Natalie born June 18th 2013! and our little bean who's back with God
MyM&W is offline   Reply With Quote