View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a guzzler

DD prefers my right breast over my left (funny, because I actually like my left breast better... ) On my right breast, she takes her time.. my let down isn't like Niagara Falls, and she'll nurse for about 15-20 minutes. When its time for my left breast (aka. Niagara Falls) she guzzles down the milk like crazy and is done in 3-5 minutes. I know she's guzzling because let down is so crazy... and 75% of the time, she's hungry for more within the next 30 - 45 minutes. My question is, at this next feeding that comes so quickly (30 - 45 minutes later) can I go back to my left breast? Or should I go to my right? I'm single side feeding right now as she's typically satisfied after having fed from one breast, so I wasn't sure if going back to my left breast twice was going to give me lopsided issues or decrease my supply in my right breast......... I've tried waiting for let down to slow down and then feed, or manually expressing before feeding to get her to not guzzle down, but none of that has worked and she'll still chug down her milk within minutes on that side. Should I not go back to my left side since she's only fed on it for a few minutes??

does this post even make sense?? lol