View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
christen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flat fold tutorials - consolidated (SUPER pic heavy)

Origami fold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanechelsea View Post
I hadn't seen any origami-fold tutorials on here, so I decided to make one, even though my baby is asleep and I don't have any big stuffed animals or dolls. Oh, and the only place I could do the tutorial was in his crib (he's in the bassinet right now).

Anyway, I hope this is useful to someone The origami fold is waaay easier than it seems and works so well, and is quite trim (my baby weighs 15+ pounds and can wear an origami-folded flat in his XS Thirsties cover still!)

Flat!

Fold top to bottom.

Fold left to right.

Pick up the lower right-hand corner of the top layer of fabric. Pull it to the left so you get a nifty triangle.

Nifty triangle.

Pick up all the layers of fabric on the lower right-hand corner and flip over the diaper to the left.

There's now a square of extra fabric.

Pick up the square (not what's underneath it, just two layers of fabric) and fold it in half.

Fold it in half again.

Oooh, pretty.

Turn it around and fold it down in the back (or front, though I think you'd have to roll in the sides to make that fit right)

Put your baby on the diaper and fold up the front.

Bring the sides in around the legs, and pin or snappi (you can fold in the extra little tails however you want, but I usually just leave them. With bigger babies you probably won't have that excess anyway)

I think I included/explained everything. I hope nobody had done a tutorial for this already, haha.
Mini Kite Fold for newborns:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinMartin View Post
This is a modified fold I merged together a few days ago and I LOVE IT! Thought I'd share with pictures

My son is 3 weeks old and 9 1/2 lbs - the cover used is a Thirsties XS.

Lay flat out

Fold all four corners to the center

Fold the left and right side in

Fold the top down completely

Fold the top down just a few inches (this helps to make a little pocket so poo doesn't go up and out the back during a blowout, and also gives stability to the tabs)

Place baby down and fold the front in (I find that folding it in until the point touches baby's bum makes the perfect rise!)

Jelly roll the legs

Lift up the front, fold in the tabs and snappi or pin!

What it looks like from the side, and with a cover

And to see the trimness, here it is compared to an infant PF!

Last edited by christen; 01-19-2011 at 11:45 AM.
christen is offline   Reply With Quote