View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #12
christen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flat fold tutorials - consolidated (SUPER pic heavy)

Kite Fold stuffed with a Prefold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
I use a LL flat and a preemie prefold for a doubler. I use the kite fold and I fold the prefold into the flat ahead of time...like this:

Then when I pull the front panel between his legs, and I kinda spread it out and the top. Then I pull the wings up and out from behind, while holding/pulling the front panel. That keeps the legholes nice and tight.

Are you storing your pins in a bar of soap. Or, you can slide them accross your forehead or through your hair to get a little bit of grease on them, before inserting them. Gross, but it works!
Another modified Ro-Po:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclebabysmama View Post
For those reading that don't know the rosie-posie flat fold here's the link to that... http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...9&postcount=14

I followed the directions for that fold with my Little Lions flats (roughly 27x29) but when compared to an xs bg AIO it seemed to long...

so I tweaked it a bit and came up with this comparison...

here's how I did it...

first I folded both sides in instead of just folding in half. I figured it gives more ability to adjust acording to what your baby needs by either overlapping or leaving a bit of a gap...

then I folded a bit of the length down in the back because just folding in half would still result in too long of a rise on my guy...

next I folded the bottom up to the rise I needed...

the rest I followed exactly like the rosie-posie fold by basically trifolding, but creating a wing with one layer...

here is the finished result on Aiden... (sorry Cheli, I tried with a snappi but I am a snappi moron and am 100% more confident with pins!! )

and a side view...

it didn't turn out as snug as I'd like, so I'm thinking the rise was still a bit long, and he did have a bit of a "butt wing" issue, but it did all fit under a small swaddlebees ABC wrap (which I didn't get a picture of, because Ava took off with the camera and Aiden was DONE modeling!!)

Hope that helps!!

...oh, and sorry for making you turn your head to the side to see the pictures right...I was already uploading when I realized I forgot to rotate them and was too lazy to start over

Last edited by christen; 01-19-2011 at 02:21 PM.
christen is offline   Reply With Quote