View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #102
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Re: TTC while BFing GRADS & Greats!!!

Hey all, I'll update the OP when I get a chance. Things have been hectic here

Welcome newcomers!

Kristina---I had to wean my son (mostly) to get pregnant so he only nurses a few times a week. My son is 3 weeks older than your youngest. Since my milk is gone nursing really has been uncomfortable. I'm still deciding if I want to fully wean him before the newb is born.

As for milk, I see no reason to give it if he's still getting at least 24 oz of breastmilk a day. However, you can introduce goats milk, rice milk, soy milk, or whole milk at any time you want. My son mostly just eats yogurt and that fulfills his milk requirement and he eats plenty of calories and fat in his diet so I don't have to worry about what kind of milk I give him if he does decide to drink it (he mostly refuses any milk but mine...he even refuses mine if its not on-tap). So, sometimes I give him whole milk with chocolate powder and perhaps a little sugar in it (not cocoa mix...baking chocolate powder). Sometimes he'll actually drink a sippy of whole or skim milk (whatever I have on hand). Sometimes he just eats 3-4 yogurts a day.

My doc said if he will reliably consume yogurt to let him have that instead and just substitute oz for oz (8oz of milk = 8oz full-calorie yogurt).
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote