Just a workin' lovin' leadin' feedin' craftin' chaufferin' teachin' writin' mom.
Join Date: Sep 2006
iTrader Feedback info - Updated Jan '11 - please read!
There has been some recent confusion as to when it is appropriate to leave feedback and what kind of feedback to leave. Here are some revised guidelines and FAQs.
Is there a time limit to leave feedback? We encourage people to wait to leave feedback. Wait until the item(s) have been received and both parties agree that the transaction is complete. However, we have had some instances of people coming back nearly half a year later, claiming a problem with the original transaction, and then wanting to leave negative feedback. This is not acceptable. If you are going to leave feedback, please leave it within two weeks of the end of the transaction.
Can I change my feedback? I thought I had a positive transaction and left feedback already, but now I want to change it. Except in very rare instances, feedback will not be changed once it's left, so be sure you leave the feedback you want to leave.
The diaper was as described, but did not fit my baby. Can I leave neutral feedback? There is no way for a seller to know if a particular diaper will fit your particular baby. Leave feedback for the transaction as a whole - including how the item was packaged, whether it's as described, and timeliness of shipping - but not including the fit of the diaper.
I'm really unhappy with a transaction and want to leave feedback now, because the whole situation makes me upset. I don't even want to contact the other party and just let my feedback comments to them be my "contact." Can I go ahead and leave feedback? The users of this site value their feedback score and will usually be willing to work with the other party if they are contacted. Please contact the other party - and have an idea of what you'd like as a resolution and ask for it - before jumping in and leaving feedback.
I received some diapers and they are okay, but I changed my mind. Can I return them to the seller? Generally, sales are final on this site. The sellers are not mega-stores with return policies; they are moms (and dads) like you and me, trying to pass along a good deal "garage sale" style. However, if an item was misrepresented, then the seller needs to work with the buyer on a resolution.
A user backed out of her trade/changed her mind on selling. Can I leave feedback to warn other people? Feedback cannot be left unless money or other items of value change hands, with one exception which I'll talk about in a second.
I bought an Etsy item and the transaction was horrible, but the user is a DiaperSwappers member, too. Can I leave iTrader feedback for them? Etsy and Hyena Cart and eBay all have their own feedback systems, and feedback should be left in those venues rather than here in the iTrader system. Also, if you first saw a user's store being advertised here, then followed a link to their Etsy store or Hyena Cart and completed the transaction there, feedback cannot be left in our iTrader system. The entire transaction must take place here for iTrader feedback to be left here, but you may use the WAHM Feedback forum to leave feedback for off-site transactions.
So to summarize, feedback should NOT be left in the following situations:
- Two parties agree on a trade, but one party backs out before either party has sent out the trade.
- A buyer asks a seller to hold an item for a few days, until payday, but then when payday comes, the buyer has changed their mind.
- A buyer asks a seller multiple questions about an item but does not buy (and yes, we've had people try to leave feedback just for asking questions).
- A user had a bad transaction on Etsy or Hyena Cart or an off-site store and knows the owner is a DiaperSwappers member, too, and wants to warn other users. (However, in these instances, we encourage you to use our WAHM Feedback forum.)
- A user has a WAHM thread to advertise their Hyena Cart, and a potential buyer asks about a custom order via PM, but then the order is completed via a Hyena Cart transaction. Transactions must start AND finish here on DiaperSwappers for iTrader feedback to be left.
Feedback CAN be left in these situations:
- A trade situation where a WAHM has to produce an item for that particular trade. This is the exception to the "changing hands" rule, since if the other party backs out, the WAHM has lost all of her time and materials that went into the item to be traded.
- A buyer sends PayPal, but then changes her mind before the seller ships the item and asks for a refund.
- One party of a trade agreement backs out, but the other party has already sent her part of the trade to her.
- A seller changes her mind and wants to keep the item instead, and refunds a buyer after the buyer's already paid (with the exception of double-selling an item, in which case the seller should refund the second payment within one business day, with a note via the PP refund and via PM to the second buyer).
Please do not leave feedback when you are angry. Take some time, walk away and think the situation over. Be sure that the comments you leave are not something you will regret later and that they are honest, factual, and non-emotional. Too often members come to us with a change of heart and ask us to change feedback they realize they left when they were too angry or overreacting, which we cannot do in most cases.
Removal of Feedback
Feedback will be removed in the event of double feedback (whether accidental or intentional), accidentally left for the wrong person, or for a non-DS transaction, or for any of the other reasons mentioned above where feedback should not be left.
Retaliatory feedback will not be deleted. It will be EDITED to neutral and the comment changed to "determined retaliatory". Retaliatory feedback is an abuse of the feedback system and will be dealt with as any other violation of the TOS. Warnings will be given and if it is a recurring problem, it may lead to banning.
Multiple feedbacks are unacceptable in any circumstance. We will keep the original and remove the second. Leaving multiple feedbacks (intentionally) is also an abuse of the feedback system and will be dealt with the same as retaliatory.
Feedback can be mutually withdrawn. Both feedbacks will be EDITED to neutral and the comment changed to "mutually withdrawn".
There is a very slight possibility we may come across a unique situation requiring we look at it on an individual basis, but for the most part, we will be sticking to what has been outlined here.
If you have any concerns, please PM a member of the mod or admin team.